• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

Best Type of Shore Fish Now

teamrose

We went fishing Friday and the Mackerel were practically putting themselves on the hooks. The nice thing about mackerel, they are attracted to the lures. No bait for those suckers. The fish do seem much larger these days also. I sure hope hormones are not getting into our fishing water.

B

bigal3

I have two favorite fish to catch. For fresh water my favorite is large mouth bass for the fight they give me. For salt water I have two favorites; the multicolored true "Dolphin" and of course almost any shark for the excitement they present. I also like you, enjoy catching almost any bill fish. They certainly are the acrobats of the sea.

teamrose

Here in FL it seems the snappers are also leaping onto the lines. I've filled the freezer and sold a bucket full on just a couple of weekends. Interesting the comment about the hormones getting in the water. The fish do seem to be much larger this year. I like to use those wiggly little mud minnows for the snappers. They love 'em.

B

bigal3

Here in FL it seems the snappers are also leaping onto the lines. I've filled the freezer and sold a bucket full on just a couple of weekends. Interesting the comment about the hormones getting in the water. The fish do seem to be much larger this year. I like to use those wiggly little mud minnows for the snappers. They love 'em.
Here in Thailand my favorite fresh water fishing is for catfish. They get fairly large and when I put my culinary skills to them in the frying pan the result is mouth watering delicious if I can be so bold to say so.