• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

Biggest Catch?

Sea81

Okay, we have a strangest catch thread, but what about your biggest catch? What kind of fish was it and how much did it weigh?

My biggest catch ever was a Trout that weight in at about 16lbs. Needless to say, not a very grand catch. But it's the biggest to date. Of course, it hits my pride when I see people get much bigger catches in the same lake I fish at.

Mine was not really big. I'm just a small town fisherboy and I caught it I think when I was 14. It was a bigger milkfish compared to the other milkfishes on our locality. I was the talk of the town back then. :D I think it was around 18-20 inches.

tastykakk

My biggest catch was a 23lb red fish. It took me forever to reel the sucker in using the light tackle I brought out that day. I had a few friends with me, so it was lot of fun. I went out the next day hoping for the same result and ended up with almost nothing. Those fish have a mind of there own :D

Shelton Sellers

Not very impressive, but I caught a large mouth bass weighing in at around 12 pounds when I was seventeen. 23 years old now and haven't seen anything better come along :)

Esperahol

Catfish - 14inches long weighed in at over 13lbs as near as I can remember. The sad thing is I was hopped up on Benedryl for that trip - "I'm sick." "You promised." "I'm sick." "Just have some Benedryl." "I'm sick." "Why are you being so lame?!"

NickJ

12 Pound Catfish and a 13 pound Trout. That was about four years ago though. Hoping next Summer to catch something bigger.

B

bigal3

The largest fish I ever caught from shore was a hundred pound "Tiger Shark" fishing from the shore on Maui, Hawaii. I caught it on fifty pound test line at night. It took over an hour to land it. By-the-way, the steaks from it were delicious. I fell in love with shark meat after that.