• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

Do you camp out when you are fishing ?

Obviously, we are not going to be camping out if we are fishing out on the ocean, unless we have a boat equipped for sleeping and eating.
However, When I was younger, we used to take the kids fishing, and stay until late at nite if the fish were biting, and sometimes, when we went to Ocean Shores, we also camped out on the beach overnight.
That was many years ago, so I dont know if they even let you camp out on the beach anymore, but there are many nice rivers and lakes that have a campground where families can both fish and camp overnite, if they want to.
I see they have made improvements over the old tents that we used to use as well. This cute model will even keep your laptop or ipad charged up, as well as providing a comfy overnite shelter.image.jpg

Denis Hard

It depends on where I am fishing. If I'm fishing close to home then there's no point in camping out but if I'll be way out of range then camping out would be a great idea. However, most of the time, I fish close to home so. . .no camping for me.

Arthnel

I've never camped out before as we usually leave out early enough and after a good enough haul we head back home. Camping out does sound like a pretty good idea though as we could incorporate many more fun activities to complete the package. I've never been on a many-day fishing trip which is an idea we have for this year. We are already looking for igloos so we are ready for spring to roll out.