• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

Do you enjoy a cigar whilst fishing?

Nahum

Hello friends. Do you enjoy puffing on a cigar whilst fishing? I'm not a big tobacco fan, but admit that I enjoy the occasional fine cigar when on the boat. My fishing buddy/coworker enjoys his pipe when we are fishing together.

So, how about you? Any particular brands you enjoy? Thanks for sharing. :)

Nickesha Bailey

No smoking while doing it for me, i accompany persons and they see me as a rookie out there with them. I do enjoy being on the boat and taking in as much of the ocean view as possible, it is an awesome experience.

Strykstar

I can't say I've tried smoking a cigar while fishing, I guess it never occurred to me, but it really must add to the whole relaxing experience.
The pipe also sounds like a great idea, I'll have to give it a try this weekend and see if I enjoy it.

Nahum

The pipe also sounds like a great idea, I'll have to give it a try this weekend and see if I enjoy it.

I've tried the pipe thing and it is just OK, imho. A lot of the tobaccos taste like chalk compared to a fine cigar. Still, there are good ones. I like Half-and-Half quite a bit.

Arthnel

I don't smoke anymore so a cigar wouldn't quite cut it for me. I wouldn't mind if someone else on my trip smokes though since it's open air. I do enjoy and few cans of good beer though to help pass the time till I get a nip on my hooks. I tried reading once but that was not my best idea yet.