• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

Fishing the Atlantic in the Southeast

Sea81

Hey all! I live in the Southeast and love to go to the Charleston/Savannah/Jacksonville area, but I have never gone fishing in the Atlantic in any of these places. Just wondering if anyone could suggest where the best place to fish might be in this area? Thanks!

r. zimm

Along any coast there usually are fishing piers you can try. Try Googling for a local fishing forum where you can also get some tips on good spots and times. You may even meet some other fishermen to go with. Another idea is that the local newspaper may have a fishing section or reports for you to check out. Go to your local library to see a couple of weeks worth once you find the section (or if it only runs certain days). Then you can read the recent reports to get a feel for what's been biting.

I know of one forum like that but I do not know if it is related to that area. Try boatlessfishing.com

You should just go to your local fishing supply stores in the area. Chances are you'll run into someone that's already been to the places you're talking about and they'll be able to give you a bit of background on the areas fishing.