• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

Giank Muskie Catch!

Esperahol

The question of course becomes - "How delicious is that fish?" Followed closely by "And how many meals will it make?"

BigBigFan

Fun fact: in many lakes in Canada they have completely stopped registering record sized fish because too many people bread fish to make them extremely heavy and large while in captivity and then pretended to "catch" the fish. In one case a gentleman(I forget his name) was standing on the dock with his catch upside down on a hook and it proceeded to dump about 6 pounds of pellets all over the dock from its stomach. Ummm.... pellets aren't what a natural fish would have eaten in the lake, oops!

Nice catch anyway, hurry up ice, Freeze!

Fun fact: in many lakes in Canada they have completely stopped registering record sized fish because too many people bread fish to make them extremely heavy and large while in captivity and then pretended to "catch" the fish. In one case a gentleman(I forget his name) was standing on the dock with his catch upside down on a hook and it proceeded to dump about 6 pounds of pellets all over the dock from its stomach. Ummm.... pellets aren't what a natural fish would have eaten in the lake, oops!

Nice catch anyway, hurry up ice, Freeze!

Are you serious?

I never knew people did that. Now I don't feel so bad about my average sized catches. Intentionally breeding big fish just to say "look what I caught" is considered cheating to me.

Esperahol

Fun fact: in many lakes in Canada they have completely stopped registering record sized fish because too many people bread fish to make them extremely heavy and large while in captivity and then pretended to "catch" the fish.

What is the point of this? It takes all the fun out of it nevermind the whole pride thing - I mean you know you're a fraud for goodness sake.

BigBigfan thanks for you fun fact! I was thinking that those people who did this stupid thing just fools themselves. They want fame by faking things and fooling people but they end up fooling themselves. There's really no point in doing that. Silly people!

BigBigFan

It happens quite often unfortunately. Google Robbie Rose, he tried to cheat on Lake Ray Hubbard in Texas during a bass tournament, he stuffed the fish with a one pound lead weight. Officials noticed the fish was sitting on the bottom of his bucket instead of swimming around and so they took a closer look, the fish then spit the weight out. The prize was a 55,000 bass boat so police were called, a judge looked at it as fraud and sentenced him to 15 days in jail. He wanted the fishing record, instead he got the criminal record.

It happens quite often unfortunately. Google Robbie Rose, he tried to cheat on Lake Ray Hubbard in Texas during a bass tournament, he stuffed the fish with a one pound lead weight. Officials noticed the fish was sitting on the bottom of his bucket instead of swimming around and so they took a closer look, the fish then spit the weight out. The prize was a 55,000 bass boat so police were called, a judge looked at it as fraud and sentenced him to 15 days in jail. He wanted the fishing record, instead he got the criminal record.

You know, I sat here and laughed at your story. I didn't know people took fishing so seriously that they'd cheat like that. Wonder if he had the chance, would he do it all again or fish fairly though. 15 days isn't long, but it's jail so....

Arthnel

I had no idea people went to such great lengths to with prizes and records for fish. To the point of stuffing the things with metal? WOW! That pellet scenario was interesting. Dear Jesus, that must have been so embarrassing when the fish started letting it all out. That fish in the video is awesome. That's a nice catch to show over and over for many years to come. At least until you beat your own record.