• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

How many hours would you spend beach fishing?

Gwydion

What's your longest beach fishing trip in a day been? How long would you normally spend fishing.

Depending on the tides I'm usually out about 6 to 8 hours. At night however, it tends to be more like 10 hours (again depending on the tides).

I've once been out on the rocks fishing for 10 hours, but that was an exceptional day, both in terms of the catch and the weather.

B

bigal3

I lived in Hawaii and fished from the rocks most of the time. Sometime it was quite an adventure just getting to my favorite fishing hole. Once there however it was well worth the effort Most Of The Time! Once there I wasn't going to be leaving any time soon so I would spend as much as ten to twelve hours at that spot. There were times I would camp at that spot and fish over night.

NickJ

The longest I've fished ever has been about 9 hours. I usually try to be there around 8 am and prepare to leave around 6 or 7.

B

bigal3

Where I fished in Hawaii the fishing doesn't really get good until night time. I fished day time too but the best results and the biggest fish caught were at night. My friends and I didn't even go to our favorite fishing hole until six or seven in the evening just prior to dusk to set up camp if we fish from the shore. If we use a boat we go a littler earlier due to the distance we have to travel across water. Upon arrival we set up and fish all night. In Hawaii the best fishing happens in the evening and late night.

nhsososo4

Seriously guys does it really take that long, 6-8 hours even getting to 10 hours by the time you are done you must be super tired. I used to think that it was one of those quick quick things where you can take 2-3 hours and you have your full rack with fish.

What really leads it to taking so long, is it the weather, season , picking the wrong spot, a combination of all or that is just the norm or do you guys look for maybe specific kinds of fishes. I am really trying trying to understand the whole situation here of why it takes a very long time.

I know that most people do it for fun but now those who do it to sell, do they also have to fish that long and if they do, when do they get the time actually sell their fish. Or maybe do they hire people for fishing.

JoshSmith100

The longest ive fished on a beach is probably about 5 hours, im really not a big fan of beach fishing to be honest. Id much rather be out on a boat or freshwater fishing. It is very relaxing fishing on a beach however though.

lynneth

Normally 5-6 hours in the morning. Fishing relaxes me. My family usually spent our time together either fishing or cooking. And I love it.

benjaay

Sometimes if I am really keen on getting a good fish I'll spend like 5pm-2am fishing! but mostly I enjoy fishing from 5am-10am so 5 hours is normally my limit :)

Dubstep84

I have not actually been beach fishing since I was a child. Our family would go out to fish from the rocks at least once a week because my father was, and still is, an avid fisherman. When we went fishing, we would stay out at the beach for at least 6 hours at a time.

Arthnel

Fishing on a lake is totally different from fishing on the beach or in open water. I've done close to 10 hours lake fishing but have never been able to past 5-6 hours fishing from the sea. I don't know if it's the sun or the way the boat rocks or what but I really get tired after an initial excitement when fishing on the sea.