• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

Squid Fishing?

Nahum

Hello friends. I am interested in learning about fishing for squid. It is done in a neighboring state (Washington) and it looks like fun. Well, that and I love calamari in all its forms.

Anyone gone squid fishing? Any tips for a beginner? Thanks all!

Arthnel

I would be a beginner just like you @Nahum. I always thought when you caught octopus and squid it was like a bonus caught in your net or on your line after trying to catch something else. I was watching Bizarre Foods with Andrew on Food Network and there are guys in Hawaii and in the East who use a special technique to pull them from the rocks or hidden holes. I hope that will help you get started at least.

Nahum

Thanks Arthnel. I've seen some odd techniques for octopus fishing like you mentioned. Squid fishing seems like it would be fun. More importantly, lots of calamari. :)

Arthnel

I would really consider squid and octopus 'fishing' if I knew how to cook it:whistle::whistle:. I can cook, so don't get me wrong. I'm just not the best cook when it comes to slithering things:cautious:. Wanna see me try? Watch me pop out a cook book every now and again. But not a regular practice though.