• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

What fishing spot has the most sentimental value to you and why?

blackout23

Get out the tissues, let's hear why your fishing spot means a lot to you. I don't personally have one (yet) due to the fact I just started fishing last year. But I am sure I will become emotional attached to one soon enough.

For me, it's Prospect Park. It's because traditionally, my family has always fished there. Eventually, when I have kids, I'll take them there to fish (and learn fishing).

For me it would be the old pond 50 meters away from our old house. It was the pond where I first learned how to fish and caught my first catfish. I was taught by my father when I was 5 and my older brother was 7 back then. Sunday is fishing day for us and I really missed those days!

Shelton Sellers

My family has a small pond behind our home in Georgia that I have fished at for years. There is rarely anything to catch besides the occasional 2-3 pound large mouth or baby blue gill, but the spot is still always my favorite to head out to when I have nothing else to do that day.

r. zimm

Lake Worth Pier, SE Florida. Although that was three piers ago! I was deemed a "Pier Rat" by one of the old timers by the time I was 15. Then off to college and "real life" (wife & kids). Many happy hours in all types of weather day and night. Many many great fish as well.

My family has a small pond behind our home in Georgia that I have fished at for years. There is rarely anything to catch besides the occasional 2-3 pound large mouth or baby blue gill, but the spot is still always my favorite to head out to when I have nothing else to do that day.

Your family has their own pond? That must be great not having to worry about competition getting all the good fish.

ibanezer

I recall fishing at my grandparents house when I was 6 or so. It was always a fun time for me as a kid. They've come and gone now and they moved out of that house before they passed on. I really wish I could go back and fish there once more, but I'm not sure who owns the property now.