• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

What is the largest saltwater/fresh water fish you have ever caught?

B

bigal3

The largest salt water fish I caught was a one hundred and five pound "Leopard Shark". The largest fresh water fish was a 85 lb. "Channel Catfish" caught on a night crawler worm. Both were excellent eating!

Last edited by a moderator:
The largest thing I've EVER caught was a trout that was a bit under 30lbs. Anything else I caught both before and after has been pretty much "small fry" and even my biggest catch, the trout isn't really much to write home about.

B

bigal3

The largest thing I've EVER caught was a trout that was a bit under 30lbs. Anything else I caught both before and after has been pretty much "small fry" and even my biggest catch, the trout isn't really much to write home about.
I used to do a bit of trout fishing and the 30lb. Trout you caught if it was that big must have been a "Dolly Varden" trout. It is one of the largest of the trout species. Did it have kind of rainbow colors? If so that's what it was. They can get bigger than that even. Ummm, I can just taste those Trout steaks and fillets!:)

thomas pendrake

I once caught a 250lb sting-ray (like a shark, not technically a fish). I was using 100lb test line and was in a 17 ft boat in Biscayne bay with my Father. It took three and a half hours to land the creature, a female who gave birth to several young after we landed her. Good eating.

Profit5500

The largest salt water fish I caught was a one hundred and five pound "Leopard Shark". The largest fresh water fish was a 85 lb. "Channel Catfish" caught on a night crawler worm. Both were excellent eating!

That is gnarly I mean that had to be a scary one catching a Leopard Shark. You are saying that it was 105 pounds, which that would make me nervous. What kind of bait did you use to get the Leopard Shark?

Arthnel

Okay you get the top prize. I doubt anyone could beat that. Leopard sharks, as far as I know can be really huge. My largest fish was a small stingray that I quickly cut the line on out of fear of its tail:cautious::whistle:. that was actually night fishing too so I wasn't taking any chances. A shark though must have been a great catch. Kudos.