• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

450LB Black Marlin eaten by Shark

tastykakk

Hit the deck :D what how this 600lb Black Marlin jumped onto the boat right onto the crew. I would have been scared out of my mind. Wish I could have been there to experience the sight for myself. Anyway check out the video below. I would love to more of the big fish caught on video. They're truly amazing.

I would not wish to be there. Those big fishes are crazy! They could just jump over the boat and grab those fisherman's arm with their sharp teeth! I would never go boating in seas known with sharks or big fishes.

Esperahol

I would not wish to be there. Those big fishes are crazy! They could just jump over the boat and grab those fisherman's arm with their sharp teeth! I would never go boating in seas known with sharks or big fishes.

Its fine - you have to more to fear from gators, snakes, and random serial killers then you do most sharks or large fish. I mean really when fishing I tend to hold more fear and respect for the waters I'm in or near then the creatures. Mother Nature is cruel and has a nasty sense of drama.

These videos are just flat out beastly. You'd think that a fish near the 500 lbs mark would be something other fish would stay away from. But the shark saw thanksgiving dinner lol.

What sucks though is that the fisherman fought all that time, just for the shark to steal it from him.

Its fine - you have to more to fear from gators, snakes, and random serial killers then you do most sharks or large fish. I mean really when fishing I tend to hold more fear and respect for the waters I'm in or near then the creatures. Mother Nature is cruel and has a nasty sense of drama.

You actually have a point there mate. The waters are really scary when they went in rage like when there is a storm. It's just that I am really scared with those huge creatures of the waters. I am not really that good of a swimmer especially under pressure. :)

Esperahol

You actually have a point there mate. The waters are really scary when they went in rage like when there is a storm. It's just that I am really scared with those huge creatures of the waters. I am not really that good of a swimmer especially under pressure. :)

Ah, you're pretty brave to be fishing if you aren't very strong with fishing. Me myself I got caught by a riptide once and that was all I needed to never again look casually on the water. I can swim sure, but I don't tend to breathe water. No gills you see.

BigBigFan

The boat the guys are on in the first video is too small to be where they are fishing, the captain has it turned so that the stern is facing into the waves which is something else you should never do. I'm surprised those guys didn't sink!

Esperahol

The boat the guys are on in the first video is too small to be where they are fishing, the captain has it turned so that the stern is facing into the waves which is something else you should never do. I'm surprised those guys didn't sink!

You know as well as I that people aren't really good at the whole sailing thing. Let's just be really happy the only surprise was what happened with the shark.

Arthnel

I also bear in mind that a 450 and 600 lbs of fish all in one package makes that a huge fish. Whether jumping in a boat or being eaten by a shark clearly presents a dangerous situation. I think some damage could be done if you're not careful if a 600 lb marlin jumps in your boat. But I know for sure I'm not throwing him back at all. I would try to pin that fish down like it was business as usual.