• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

Attracting Sharks

NickJ

Maybe Dolphins are just flawed like some people. They have a bunch of nice things about them but there's always that dark side.

B

bigal3

You are quite correct. I saw a "NAT GEO" special on that very subject. For an aquatic mammal they seem to have "emotions" much like us. I guess the dolphin in question was having a bad day.

NickJ

Cats and dogs do too. But what I am really curious about is will there ever be a dolphin whisperer? I mean if some humans claim to be able to communicate on a wave-length with dogs and cats, they can chat with dolphins too on some frequency right?

r. zimm

Talk about PR. When I was younger they called dolphins porpoises and there a]was a fish called the dolphin. Well restaurants got to noticing that the tourists would not order "Dolphin" because they thought they were eating "Flipper" so they changed the name to what they call them in Hawaii - Mahi Mahi. In South America they are known as Dorados.

Esperahol

Well dogs are all about breed. Dobies and Rotties are bloodthirsty by nature. Pitbulls? They can be trained to be nice. Shepards as well. But I think Dolphins are like a lot of other animal species, mostly harmless with a few bad apples in the bunch. Bad, rapist apples.:D

Nah, you're falling for the PR again buddy. Dobermen and Rottiweilers are no worse then Pits or Shepherds. I used to have a Rott named Sheba who was not only a genius and a masterful escape artist, but the sweetest little thing you ever wanted to meet. The only thing is that Dobermen and Rottiweilers are great to train and so make excellent candidates for guard duty and such. Also they are like all muscle. Dolphins meanwhile are in fact naturally bloodthirsty and besides rape do enjoy attacking other species (particularly sharks) for the evulz. That is why they make excellent evil minions.

Esperahol

All I have to say is "GOOD LUCK"! Of all the sharks I have read about up to and including "The Great White" the "Bull is the worst when it comes to being a man eater followed closely by the "Mako" shark.

Why do you think I'm currently working on my will? That said - it will be so awesome! Sure I could die and probably will, but think of the stories to be told at my funeral. Awesome funeral stories FTEW!!! Also you can totally come along and help me with the massive rig I'm going to need to tie on for the attempt.

NickJ

Talk about PR. When I was younger they called dolphins porpoises and there a]was a fish called the dolphin. Well restaurants got to noticing that the tourists would not order "Dolphin" because they thought they were eating "Flipper" so they changed the name to what they call them in Hawaii - Mahi Mahi. In South America they are known as Dorados.

Interesting. I wonder how it works in places where they sell whale meat? If you've seen "Free Willy", you'll most likely have the steak instead eh?:D

BigBigFan

Don't worry about the sharks, worry about the people who dump a billion tons of trash into the oceans every single month and do it in the middle of night on sinking barges so that nobody really notices. Now those are the dangerous ones. Did you know there is a 5 mile floating island of trash permanently floating in the pacific? Google "pacific gyre" and start recycling.