• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

Avoiding Sharks

teamrose

If you're afraid of the fish, get out of the boat. J/K! Seriously, shark fishing is dangerous, but truly exciting. Eating the fish and telling about the capture is well worth the risk.

B

bigal3

When it comes to sharks I have just one thing to say. I am extremely cautious when I am in the water when they are not around. If they are within five miles in any direction I will not enter their domain and they need to stay in theirs. That includes no jumping out of the water like the "Mako" Shark can.

Esperahol

Funny you say that about the risk factor in catching a shark. I suppose here in FL we have big game hunters. We have many people that wrestle alligators, keep pythons for pets and fish for sharks on a routine basis. Perhaps it true, real men live in Florida. (y)

Real men take calculated risks, boys run head first into trouble. Wrestling a full-grown gator can and often will kill you. Many pythons are now in the wild after their owners released them when they got to big. Fishing for sharks can also get you killed unless you make a point of going after the small ones.