• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

Fighting fish

LMAO That was awesome, check this one out.

You know, I'm sort of jealous of them. How come fish never jump on my boat for me like that? lol. I mean I know it wiggled it's way off the boat. But the fact that it jumped onto the boat would save lazy people like me so much effort

Yes things like these really happens that's why when you go fishing away from shore, you really have to have a companion. It is always dangerous to go fishing alone especially if your target is a big fish.

Yes things like these really happens that's why when you go fishing away from shore, you really have to have a companion. It is always dangerous to go fishing alone especially if your target is a big fish.

While that's true, you know what they say. The higher the risk, the higher the reward. Same thing applies to fishing.

Esperahol

The only thing I've been slapped with was one of those stupid junk carp you get in rivers these days. All it takes is a motor running and their jumping all over the place. I did go fishing with a friend for swordfish, but luckily no one got speared or slapped... then again no one caught anything either.

Gift3d

The only thing I've been slapped with was one of those stupid junk carp you get in rivers these days. All it takes is a motor running and their jumping all over the place. I did go fishing with a friend for swordfish, but luckily no one got speared or slapped... then again no one caught anything either.

Those asian carps? That would be crazy man its good you are ok, those things can kill you

tastykakk

That was a big fish. I bet he didn't see that coming. I know you guy will love this one. Check out this video below. This bad boy is a monster :)

I swear, some of these fish are insanely huge. The funny thing is the fish in most of these videos are bigger than the ones people catch in the competitions. Says a lot doesn't it.

Esperahol

Those asian carps? That would be crazy man its good you are ok, those things can kill you

It certainly hurt and I had a simply beautiful shiner for a few days. It was cool - I told my good friends the truth for a laugh, and I told everyone else I got an epic fight after getting drunk.... for justice! I wish we had been videotaping because what I can remember was pretty funny.

BigBigFan

Some fish don't even need to be on a hook to want to fight. One of the craziest attacks I saw on youtube was from a swordfish attacking a submarine! The sub had a camera and light and the swordfish attacks the light, take a look...

@BigBigFan

I don't know, it's possible it was trying to fight. But for some reason I'm thinking the fish thought the light was something else. Either that or that's the first retarded swordfish on record lol.

BigBigFan

Heh, maybe it was. The person who uploaded the video says he was on the sub and it sure did look like the fish attacked but perhaps they had put bait near the camera to record some activity. Those sub guys get bored when a sub remains stationary for too long a period.

That could be it. Because that's sort of out there to think a fish just out of the blue decided to attack a giant vessel like a submarine. Even a small submarine is way too threatening in size for a fish to attack like that.

BigBigFan

The other thing that makes you wonder what's going on is why did they have a camera there in the first place. I know they use cameras on subs but they generally watch the propeller/rudder as well as the torpedo tube openings, not the top deck usually. Were they testing some kind of sonic device to fend off whales perhaps? That swordfish looked mighty angry.