• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

Good place for fishing tackles and other gear

I'm not sure how many of you like to get your fishing equipment online. But I myself have been doing so for the past year. I've come to find that I've been saving a little bit of money. Not much, but any little bit is ok by me.

Anyway, here is a site you should all give a look to : Tackle Warehouse

Jatelo2

It is true that online shopping is mostly cost effective without forgetting the convince it brings. I think this site is somehow restricted in their shipping ability, i.e. they may not shipping worldwide...Or did I miss something?

leyash

My uncle gets ALL of our fishing equipment online. The stores around here don't really have a whole lot of options, and what they do have is REALLY expensive. We can get stuff online for a lot cheaper.

Do they give great discounts on purchases? I think I would consider it if it would do that..

For most online stores, you have to sign up to their newsletters and mailing lists to get discounts on the good stuff. Or at the very least, become a member of some fishing club.

Jatelo2

They have great prices, Not discounts Lots of sales though

Now that sales do go at reduced prices, I think it a good site t shop from. Anyway, thanks for the insight, I'll let you know what I've found about the site or any other offering discounts.

Gift3d

Now that sales do go at reduced prices, I think it a good site t shop from. Anyway, thanks for the insight, I'll let you know what I've found about the site or any other offering discounts.

No problem man, I hope you find what you are looking for at a good price.

Anything specific, I can give u a hand

I don't actually buy gears and other stuffs for fishing. Just a thick clothing and a rod is already enough for me to catch a couple of fish for the afternoon. But I;ll just try to visit these sites that you gave to see some stuffs. Thanks guys!

Jatelo2

I don't actually buy gears and other stuffs for fishing. Just a thick clothing and a rod is already enough for me to catch a couple of fish for the afternoon. But I;ll just try to visit these sites that you gave to see some stuffs. Thanks guys!

A thick clothing and a rod? That is very simple and cost effective too, though for catching a few fishes here and there..:)

blackout23

I am pretty big fan of supporting local businesses. Most fishing stores in my area are locally owned small stores that are worth investing your time and money in. I try not to buy online due to the fact that I would much rather be treated well and help someone out, even if I have to spend a little more to do so.

I am pretty big fan of supporting local businesses. Most fishing stores in my area are locally owned small stores that are worth investing your time and money in. I try not to buy online due to the fact that I would much rather be treated well and help someone out, even if I have to spend a little more to do so.

I would love to be more supportive of local businesses where I live. But that isn't as simple to do when most of them try to nickel and dime you to high hell.

teamrose

I paid $49 for a virtual fishing rod on a tablet app. That's more than many of my real ones but it was for THE top of the line virtual fishing rod. A real one like that would have cost me $1000

r. zimm

If you have a local mom & pop shop, try them first. They may not be the cheapest but often have better quality used from trade ins. Also, they know the local fishing scene and will help you get the right gear. That will save you money in the long run.