• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

Probably the biggest Catfish I'll ever see caught

For as many times as I've gone fishing, I've never seen a Catfish as big as the one in this video. This thing was big enough to feed a family for at least 2 days.

mehmoodkhan-777

awesome man it is very difficult to get that, he definitely have the more courage then me, but i think this is his job to do so, so this is normal for him but hats off to him.

pilot2fly

Wow that is one big fish! I've seen the show where the guys fish for them with their bare hands. It's amazing how well they do it. That could feed a family for a week easily.

I've come to find out that's not even the biggest ever caught by any means. The Guiness Book is stating that the largest Catfish recorded as caught was 26 ft.

streakanime

Wow, that's intense. I hope he got to enjoy that fish. Seems like it would make a lot of meals. I've never had the pleasure of eating cat fish... But, I really like sea food and fish in general. So, I would not be opposed to trying it.

leyash

26 feet for a catfish just seems unreal. Those things can be mean at times... so to see one that big would frighten me, I think.

Jatelo2

What a struggle..:D I can now see why you were sating cool, cool...It was huge anyway and I kinda fear it:)

Wow! Is it still a cat fish? Our catfishes here could only grow a little over a ruler and that one is just huge! That would taste really good I think! :D

Wow! Is it still a cat fish? Our catfishes here could only grow a little over a ruler and that one is just huge! That would taste really good I think! :D

I don't know....I've tasted catfish before. I can't speak for anyone else on this. But it tastes sort of bland to me. Give me flounder or whiting any day.

pilot2fly

I have to agree with cross. I don't really like the taste of catfish. Flounder is my fish of choice when it comes to food.

tastykakk

Oh wow thing was humorous. Pretty tough guy taking on that monster. I would have way to scared to pull that in. A fish that size could last me for quite a while. Not much of a catfish lover, but I would fry that sucker up in a heartbeat.

Esperahol

The funny thing about catfish is that they like many species of fish will grow as large as you left them depending on enviroment and food source. There are some, like those found in the Mekong, which are simply behemoths. And then of course there are the more normally seen ones here in the states. I have caught some as big as three feet back home 'round Blue Dell, but generally not more then 12 inches or so.