• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

Probably the biggest Catfish I'll ever see caught

BigBigFan

I laughed a bit, that could really have ended badly for the guy that caught it.

First the fish clamps onto his hand and he looks at the camera, but then he pulls it into the boat and falls backwards. Did you see where the fishes mouth landed? How he is sitting? I sure am happy for him that the fish didn't clamp something else, that's one big catfish :)

BigBigFan

omg, laughing out loud! A love of worms... that's classic.

I bet the next person to catch that catfish would get quite the shock if they wanted to eat it, did you hear about the wake boarder who accidentally had his fingers pull off by the line? They found them in a fish a week later, caught by another fisherman. *shudder*

Esperahol

omg, laughing out loud! A love of worms... that's classic.

I bet the next person to catch that catfish would get quite the shock if they wanted to eat it, did you hear about the wake boarder who accidentally had his fingers pull off by the line? They found them in a fish a week later, caught by another fisherman. *shudder*

You'd be surprised the things you can find in critter, particularly bottomfeeding fishes. Fingers, trinkets, eyeballs, teeth... the list goes on. Of course being as the "snake" of a human is just a particularly spongy bit of flesh... there may not be enough identifiable after the fact for anyone to take issue. Unless it were pierced - that could lead to some awkward speculation.

snake3scape

God I'm glad they don't get that big here. I struggle enough and wear myself out catching any catfish bigger than a few feet. The reason why they're so hard to catch is because they're smart and once they realize they've been hooked they immediately swim down as far as they can go. Still I hope they didn't eat that! I would love to have it framed above my fireplace instead.

That is just a huge fish, and I think I don't want to land one that big either. It would definitely feed the family for a while though. I bet it took a long time before that fish got worn out enough for him to drag it into the boat like he did. It looked like all the fight was gone by the time he could land it, and it was a good thing he had a pole strong enough to catch it with.

r. zimm

I was surprised how large it was when the guy dragged it into the boat! It looks like a decent sized shark if you don't look to close.

Esperahol

God I'm glad they don't get that big here. I struggle enough and wear myself out catching any catfish bigger than a few feet. The reason why they're so hard to catch is because they're smart and once they realize they've been hooked they immediately swim down as far as they can go. Still I hope they didn't eat that! I would love to have it framed above my fireplace instead.

You can see the catcher trying to get the fish swimming again. I think they decided to just release it and I'm glad they did. It really isn't fair to something that old and big to just gut it.

George28

He could barely get it in the boat! While watching this video I was thinking "He's going to break his fishing rod!" but he did a great job and made a cool catch! This guy gets a thumbs up from me!

Thanks for sharing this video, crossunitedfate!

JoshSmith100

WOW what a catfish that is! I thought that his pole was surely going to snap, I would have freaked the heck out if I had that fish on the line. The catfish that ive caught are just a little smaller than that!

Arthnel

That's one huge catfish alright. That bend in the rod seriously looked snappish. I happen to like catfish a lot. I find it very tasty and goes well with chips too. It's not too bony and has a lot of chewy flesh. That big one could serve for days on end.