• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

Rocky shore or sand?

Esperahol

usually when its rocky there is deeper pockets of water, with the sand (depending on where you are of course) it is usually a gradual slope getting deeper the farther out.

I prefer rocks :)

You make an excellent point about the rocks and the nice deep pockets of water waiting to be plumbed. Also I generally find that other people often avoid these sorts of areas which leaves the stock relatively unmolested and thus far more trustworthy of suspicious lures. Delicious, supicious lures... yes.

B

bigal3

I lived in Hawaii for over twenty years where I fished from both. I really did not have a preference. It made no difference to me as long as I caught fish. It also depended on what time of the year it was. Certain species of fish would come around the rocks while others would migrate toward sandy areas to lay their eggs or spawn.

NickJ

Good point bigal. Fishing is more about seasons than anything water or bait related. That's the cool thing about fishing, every season there's a catch available for anyone with specific tastes.