• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

Which spot is the best place to fish at in your area?

I know it would be crazy to ask what people think is the best fishing spot period. So, out of any and all the places you may have fished, which do you think is the best?

I live in New York (the 5 boroughs). For me, I think the best place I've fished at has to be Prospect Park. I swear, that lake has Pickerel and Catfish galore.

What's the best spot in your area?

Jatelo2

Let me just say that I've never been to New York and thus won't know more about the Lake you mentioned. Since I fear large water bodies, I would prefer fishing along a river, and some aren't so popular to mention here. The experience, however, is satisfying.

pilot2fly

I live right near Wrightsville Beach NC (Wilmington) and the best place for us is in the inlet. We have rock jetties on each side that fish often get trapped in. If you fish right on the rocks you can catch some really good size flounder.

Jatelo2

there is no area available in my town due to hot weather and i haven't done fishing in a while, may be for four years.
Are you suggesting that the area has been dry for four years:) I now see how lucky we are here because of the rain we get and big fishing rivers!

leyash

This area is really dry as well. We have several lakes within about 60 miles, but they are all super low. None of the fish are very big, either.

NickJ

I know it would be crazy to ask what people think is the best fishing spot period. So, out of any and all the places you may have fished, which do you think is the best?

I live in New York (the 5 boroughs). For me, I think the best place I've fished at has to be Prospect Park. I swear, that lake has Pickerel and Catfish galore.

What's the best spot in your area?

Yep. I've caught lots of catfish at PP's waters. Catfish happen to be my favorite type of fish by the way. Porgies and Whitings are a close second.

Jatelo2

This area is really dry as well. We have several lakes within about 60 miles, but they are all super low. None of the fish are very big, either.

How unlucky! Don't you have big rivers around? Rivers are known to have catfish which I think is a very delicious meal(y)

teamrose

Come to Ft Lauderdale and do some pier fishing. We have one of the best piers for fishing at Commercial and A1A. Some like to do bottom fishing from the pier, but I favor going after the bigger boys. The fish are plentiful and run in schools. Enough for everybody.

Gift3d

There is black river near where I live.. very popular and good spot to fish. Lots of people fish from the bridge others right off the boat launch but we usually go down the river a ways to fish

teamrose

While of course I have my favorite fishing spot, off the pier on Commercial. Ft Lauderdale sits at sea level. With all the waterways, lagoons and canals it's almost impossible to find a spot that's not good for fishing. So many of my friends just put chairs out by their backyard docks and fish. It really is wonderful living in a water wonderland.

irenen1

My favorite place to fish was off the Army base in Bristol, RI. Now Roger Williams College replaces the base. I imagine the fishing is still great. My favorite to catch was winter flounder.