• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

Best time of day for fishing?

Normally, the early morning is usually the best time to go fishing. But it also varies on what kind of fish you're going for if you're being specific. Some fish don't normally come out and about until later in the day. But for the majority and on average, the early morning is your best bet.

Jatelo2

Morning hours when the water is still settled. Fishing during the day might be very disappointing more so when you return home with nothing but your fishing gears. :D

mehmoodkhan-777

The best time to go fishing is in the early morning, or at night if you have the right equipment. Fish bite the most when it's cool, and when they haven't been feeding all day. For you I would suggest going in the early morning before Also if you are fishing for a particular type of fish you should go during their spawning season and fish the spawning areas.

pilot2fly

Early morning just before sunrise is the best time to fish here. That's when all the big fish go to feed. A couple of hours later, you might not catch anything.

Jatelo2

I've never tried finishing at night as someone suggested. Aren't the fishes sleeping at this time or fish don't sleep?

I've never tried finishing at night as someone suggested. Aren't the fishes sleeping at this time or fish don't sleep?

Most are, but not all of them. Just don't go thinking you're going to score anything great at like midnight. The early morning is your best bet for prime fishing. It's why fisherman are always up at like 4am and out the door.

Sea81

Everyone always says the mornings are great, but I love fishing at night. It's peaceful and relaxing, and no, I don't think all the fish are sleeping!

leyash

I never even knew that fish sleep! Do they really? I mean, I know they kind of "hover" around the bottom, but I didn't realize that they actually sleep!

I never even knew that fish sleep! Do they really? I mean, I know they kind of "hover" around the bottom, but I didn't realize that they actually sleep!

Anything that is alive has to sleep. Even insects when they seem to be standing totally still, half the time, it's them asleep. And yes, when fish sleep, they do literally just drift.

NickJ

Morning, late morning, or early afternoon. You an see what you're doing better and who wants to fish at night anyways? That's when all the bad stuff comes out like Gators, water moccassins, and such. Not to mention night time should be spent cooking your catch.:p

I would suggest early morning. Right before the sum shines. I think this is the best time because the water wasn't disturb that much yet and fishes still thinks that they are in a calm an secure spot on the shore. I actually have tried shore fishing during early morning and yes I did caught more compared when I went fishing that afternoon.