• Welcome to the Sea Angling and Fishing community
    Register for free and talk about angling, fishing, boats and gear

Best time of day for fishing?

I think the best time depends on what kind of fish that you are trying to catch. Cat fishing is great at nite' and they usually start biting in late afternoon , so if you are shore fishing, and have a campfire, they will be attracted to the light , and bite even better.

I used to have a little boat, and would go out trolling for blueback, and they seemed to start biting in late afternoon, and lasted until dark, and then they would pretty much stop biting.

My folks used to trout fish a lot, and they loved going out early in the morning. We would go to the lake for the weekend, and camp out there, so it was easy to get up at dawn, and be out in the boat catching trout , and then my mom would cook them for breakfast over the campfire. I think trout with pancakes and eggs has to be one of my all-time favorite meals !

cmilliken

For me, the best time to go shore fishing is early in the morning. I usually go fishing at around 6:30 AM. In Cape Cod, this is the time that I have found stripers bite the most. Stripers also bite a lot before and after a rainstorm.

NickJ

For most fish, early morning is the best, but some fish can't be caught during the day. I never caught a conger eel from shore during the day. Squids are biting better at night also if you are fishing from shore.

I've never gone squid fishing before. Probably because I don't eat squid. Can't see myself ever doing so either. Squid or Octopus, or Calimari are just not something my stomach is gonna agree with. Or my taste buds for that matter.

Jellyfish

The best time for fishing is every time you are willing to do it. Maybe you won't have the same success every time but you get yourself the feeling that you do what you wanna do.

Esperahol

I've never gone squid fishing before. Probably because I don't eat squid. Can't see myself ever doing so either. Squid or Octopus, or Calimari are just not something my stomach is gonna agree with. Or my taste buds for that matter.

It's probably just as well. Squid don't keep well and most of them are horribly vicious little monsters. I don't really eat squid/calamari, but I can't eat octopus at all. I like octopus their smart and funny and like to do weird stuff when no one is watching.